The calorimetric flow monitor FS 05 is based on the calorimetric measuring principle. It is a simple flow velocity sensor with one or two switching contacts. Due to this construction, it is intended primarily as the substitution of mechanical flow sensors in industrial cooling and building applications.
The flow velocity range of the sensor is 4 – 200 cm/sec. Contact making is indicated by means of two LEDs. The switching contact(s) is adjusted by means of the microswitch which has 16 positions. Electrical connection is provided by WAGO terminals on the PCB of the evaluation unit through the cable entry.
The electronic circuitry is always in compact construction with a secured high IP67 code. According to pipeline ID, there are two lengths of bar sensor, namely 65 mm (standard) and 125 mm. In case of an empty pipeline, the sensor behaves in the same way as in case of zero flow.
The flow monitor includes two control buttons and a rotary microswitch (16 positions) by which means it is possible to set:
- switching point/points for flow velocity (temperature in some case)
- to modify the logics of the making/breaking output
- to calibrate the minimum and maximum flow through the monitor
- to reset factory default parameter values
Individual indications using LEDs:
- supply voltage indicator
- signalization of zero flow or lower than Qmin
- SSR1 switching point value (indication during rotation of BCD SW)
- SSR2 switching point value (indication during rotation of BCD SW)
- signalization of SSR1 relay on-state
- signalization of SSR2 relay on-state